- Lectures: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, block 10 (10:10 - 11:15 a.m.)
- x-period: Thursday, block 10X (12:15 - 1:05 p.m.)
- Dates: 16 September 2019 - 18 November 2019
- Room: 004 Kemeny Hall
- Instructor: Ina Petkova
- Office: 317 Kemeny Hall
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Office hours: Mondays 9a.m.-10a.m., 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 2:00-3:00 p.m., or please make an appointment by email
Course Web Page: http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/~m71f19/
- Prerequisites: Math 22 or Math 24. If you are unsure about your preparation, please talk to the instructor!
- Required Text: Abstract Algebra (third edition) by Dummit and Foote (ISBN-10: 0471433349)
- Grading: Grade will be based on reading and class participation (10%), weekly homework (25%), short exams (40%), and a takehome final exam (25%).
Course Catalogue Description:
Some students may wish to take part in religious observances that occur during this academic term. If you have a religious observance that conflicts with your participation in the course, please meet with your instructor before the end of the second week of the term to discuss appropriate accommodations.
Students with disabilities who may need disability-related academic adjustments and services for this course are encouraged to see their instructor privately as early in the term as possible. Students requiring disability-related academic adjustments and services must consult the Student Accessibility Services office (Carson Suite 125, 646-9900, Student.Accessibility.Services@Dartmouth.edu). Once SAS has authorized services, students must show the originally signed SAS Services and Consent Form and/or a letter on SAS letterhead to their professor. As a first step, if students have questions about whether they qualify to receive academic adjustments and services, they should contact the SAS office. All inquiries and discussions will remain confidential.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.